The Twin cities Philatelic Society is the oldest stamp club in Minnesota. In 2013 the club celebrated it’s 100th anniversary.  The club originally started in 1913 and has been operating continuously ever since.  We have a real mixture of peopl and collecting interests, with a very strong USA representation, although many of our members are world wide collectors and some specialize in other areas like British Commonwealth.

The club meets twice a month, on the first and third Thursdays of each month.  People start gathering at 6:30pm for swapping, circuit book review, socializing and fun.  The meetings start at 7:30pm

The club meets at two different locations:

Minneapolis Meetings – first Thursday of the month

Bryant Square Park Recreation Center
On W. 31st Street near Lake St and Lyndale Ave So.
Click here for directions.

St. Paul Meetings – third Thursday of the month

Northern Philatelic Library
426 Wabasha St
South St. Paul MN 55407

Meeting Schedule

May 7th – Minneapolis Meeting – Bryant Square, “Auction & DVD”

May 21st – St. Paul Meeting – Northern Philatelic Library, “Bring our old Postal Cards”

June 4th – Minneapolis Meeting – Bryant Square, “Auction & History of TCPS”

June 18th – St. Paul Meeting – Northern Philatelic Library, “Everyone Show and Tell”


The Auction

We generally have an auction in one of our meetings, at least one each month. Each member is allowed to have up to eight(8) lots in the auction. Please describe them correctly and mount them on a sheet of paper approximately 8 1/2 x 11. Whenever possible please list Scott’s catalog number and value. Try to keep the lot of sufficient value so that $1.00 or more can be realized. On lots sold, you will receive 90% of the auction price, with the remaining 10% going to the club. Donation lots are gratefully accepted.

Circuit Books

We have circuit books available for your perusal at the start of each meeting. Many different interest are covered, you might even fill that gap in your collection that you have been searching for.

Welcome from our President

As the newly-elected president of this club, I’m looking forward to expanding our efforts at making our meetings be meaningful and fruitful events that none of our members want to miss.  This web page is one of the steps we are taking to help each other enjoy the variety of our collecting interests.

Our webmaster has assured me that these pages can be used in many ways, and though it is new ground for me, I hope we can all learn from and enjoy the variety of materials presented.  Your ideas are always welcome.  We are in the process of updating and adding the club bylaws to the site and I have heard rumors that we may be able to display an entire exhibit of one of our members.

We are a nice bunch, enjoy getting together and I usually bake cookies.  Come and meet some new friends and share your experiences in stamp and cover collecting.

Recent Posts
Recent Comments